Sunday, September 10, 2006

First post


I chose black because no one esle in the family has.

Plus with all the family tragedy going on lately, it seemed appropriate. Floyd (Nicole's grandfather) is still in ICU. Jim is getting an MRI for a tumor in his head. Charlie had a major heart attack and a six-way emergency bypass, his wife passed out from the stress. Plus my cousin . . .

People are being tested right now, families are being tested. It's sad when people you love, but are two degrees removed from, are suffering. Your not lost in the emotion of it, but you are still close enough to feel the pain. I can only imagine the agony of the imediate family members. But there is a selfish part of me that is very thankful that it is not my immediate family.

We went to a San Jose Giants Baseball game to try to escape from it all for a while. Joe & Mollie joined us. Had a good time. Giants lost, loosing seems to be the trend lately.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephen and Luci said...

We offer our best wishes for the speedy recovery of everyone. Also it seems like a day when perhaps you could use a happy story. I am very happy to be a member of the family and I am very ahppy I met your brother. He is a wonderful husband. We feel very blessed with our gifts. We feel sure many of them are from Aunt Lura.
God Bless

10:18 PM, September 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff and Nicole

I like your website and your blog. Madison has really grown. I also like your new house. I am sorry to hear about your two relatives Charlie and Floyd. I have met Floyd but don't recall if i met Charlie or not. Having lost several family members myself, i can appreciate how the two of you are feeling. Aunt Lura was a tremendous loss for all of us. I wish all the best for Charlie and Floyd, may they have a good recovery and remain with us a while longer. Take care and may the Lord be with all of you.

Uncle Floyd

10:43 PM, September 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home