Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Snow Everywhere

Steve Jr. Sent me this picture of his car covered with snow. It's amazing! Snow, and freezing temperatures seem to be everywhere right now. We were watching Monday Night Football, the Seahawks were playing the Packers (in Seattle) and everyone was commenting on how it looked like Green Bay, not Seattle. I wonder how often it snows in Seattle?
At least I know how he feels! I am in Alaska right now and it was twenty-one degrees below zero this morning. That is officially the coldest weather I have ever been in in my lifetime. There is snow everywhere, even though it hasn't snowed in weeks. It's cold enough up here that once the snow falls it stays for months. It will be a white Christmas here for sure!
I have been trying to find a way to put in words what this temperature feels like. Before I came up, I was asking people what twenty below felt like and no one could describe it to me, other than to say, "really cold!" I think I finally found an appropriate metaphor:
Walking outside when it is twenty-one degrees below zero is like going into a walk in freezer . . . naked!

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Sloan said...

How do you know what it is like walking into a walk in freezer naked?

10:52 AM, December 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home