Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Another Dark Alaska Morning


I opened the door to Charlie's office, where I have been doing all of my work, and snapped this picture. It is about 9:15 in the morning and still dark outside. The moon is full and for just a moment it poked through the clouds. It is a crisp and 'warm' 38 degrees outside. The road ice is melting a bit, and the roads are getting mushy. This is when you have to be really careful driving.
I really like it up here. I think if I could get things set up so I didn't have to sell my California house and didn't have to work any more, I could live up here at least half time. The pace is so much slower and the scenery so much more beautiful, I really do feel drawn to this place. Having such wonderful family here in Charlie and Dee only strengthens the pull north toward Alaska.
Things have gone well here. Everything I have needed to get done, has been done. Our homes are squared away and we made an offer on another home for an investor of ours. The time has flown by. I will be going home in a couple days and then getting back into the 'normal' routine. I am looking forward to being home. I miss my girls!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home