Sunday, October 08, 2006

My Three Favorite Ladies

(Nicole, Madison, & Zoe eating lunch
today at Devil's Postpile National Monument)


I love this. I love being away. I love being with Nicole and Madison. No daily stresses to pull me away from them, from what matters most. We go out each day and explore the world, the beautiful things that God has created. Every day a new adventure together, building new memories. I'm the luckiest husband and dad on the planet! The thing I treasure the most are the memories. Days at home grind by and blur together, but our trips away stand out in my mind as bright vivid memories. I wish this trip was two months instead of two weeks. The time is going by so fast. It is already half over. A week from today we will be home. Back to the usual stresses, back into the daily grind. Back to all the projects that are awaiting me.


We are 72 hours from Tehachapi, the grand finale of this amazing trip. I can't wait to spend three days relaxing and watching the trains go by. The loop is my happy place, what I think of when I need to escape. I can't wait to actually be there . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home